BOBTHESQUIRREL.COM needs you!
I am in the VERY slow process of re-vamping bobthesquirrel.com.
At one point in my life I was too proud to ask for help.
I’m not there anymore.
I need your input.
What would make you want to come here more often? I realize that you can get the newest strip on social media and through gocomics.
How can I make this house a home for you… the Bob the Squirrel fan?
If you have any ideas, please take a few moments to email me with any suggestions. You know I appreciate everything and anything you can suggest.
Thanks in advance! You’re the best!
It is with great regret that I have to close down the Bobnuts Facebook Fan group. It will still be viewable, but will no longer be updated or be accepting new members. With all the new API changes it’s just not ideal to update two venues with essentially the same content. I apologize for this, but the official Bob the Squirrel will remain active… If you haven’t already, please like the official Bob the Squirrel page… Thanks for all of your support.
On August 1, 2018, Facebook will be changing its API. Long story short, I will be unable to automatically post Bob content on my personal Facebook page. Of course, I can still post content to the page manually. Automatic updates to the Bob the Squirrel Facebook page and the Bobnuts Facebook group will not be affected. There just may be less content on my personal page.
There are a few things you can do:
- Make a point to come to bobthesquirrel.com every day for new content.
- If you are already a friend on my personal Facebook page, consider liking and getting updates from the Bob the Squirrel Facebook page or join the Bobnuts Facebook group. The latter two will continue to be automatically updated.
- If you want the latest Bob the Squirrel strip delivered to your email every day, sign up with GoComics and add Bob. He’ll be waiting for you every morning.
I don’t like it, but it is what it is. In the grand scheme of things this wouldn’t even register as a minor inconvenience. Hope you all stick around to enjoy the show!
To my wife Lezley, on her birthday…
I’ve been a professional ink-slinger for over 20 years. I’ve been drawing for twice that long. Over the decades of practice, things I once thought impossible became possible. I can draw trees now. I can draw buildings now. I can almost draw anything that I think of… most of the time it comes pretty close. (most is being generous)
I’ve been drawing YOU for 11 years. However, no matter how many times I draw you, there are still several unknowns. BUT, there are four things that I can always count on:
1. I’ll show you your drawing and you will pause. Sometimes a long pause. I dislike those long pauses.
2. Nine times out of ten (if in color) I will fail to match your hair color of the moment.
3. You will INSIST that I’ve drawn you skinnier than YOU THINK you are. Apparently, my prescription lenses prevent me from seeing you “the way you really are…”
4. Three times out of ten you will ask me why I didn’t put Maggie in the picture with you.
Now, after 11 years of drawing you, there are archetypes I can always go to… things, characteristics that, if included, will scream LEZLEY to you. Everyone else will know it’s you without this stuff… but these are my tickets to Lezley approval:
1. Coffee. Duh. To-go cup or big mug depends on the season. To-go for summer, mugs for fall, winter and spring.
2. Purse. You change them about as often as your hair color so I have to be aware.
3. Phone. Double duh.
These three things, when added to a drawing let you know that those lines, even though you can’t see it, are you.
It’s all you.
I’ve said to you a million times I wish you could see yourself the way that I see you. While I can’t logically pull my eyes out and implant them in you, the drawings are my way of showing you. Lez, you’re amazing. Just amazing. Whatever flaws you think you have add to the amazing.
And, until you yourself can finally see it, I guess I just have to keep practicing. You’re a pain in the ass, but I’m lucky to have the hurt.
Happy Birthday Sweetheart. Love you.